Sunday, November 26, 2006

I made a hat for Sasquatch

What did I do post-Thanksgiving? I knitted my fingers off for hours and hours. It kept me out of trouble and most importantly not get tempted to spend any money with all the sales going on this weekend. My favorite LYS (which isn't so local since it's 20-30 minutes away) is having a sale but just to drive out there won't be saving me anything. As much as I wanted my first pair of Addis and some skeins of Noro silk garden so I can make the Clapotis scarf, I stayed home. *sigh*

What did I knit? I attempted my first hat out of scraps of yarn I needed to use up. My yarn stash in my yarn basket is overflowing with extra skeins left over from projects or yarn I thought would be fun to use but have no idea what to do with yet. Because the yarn I used was chunky I knitted up the hat in one night watching 2-3 movies. I used the sparkle hat pattern from the Stich N' Bitch book, except I didn't add sparkles. I get so excited when I try knitting something new and it actually comes out decently. The hat turned out pretty well. One problem...it's HUGE!!! Bubba suggested I give it to his grandfather. He's a pretty big man with a big bald head. I'll offer it to him next time I see him.





No comments: