Sunday, November 11, 2007

Foliage Version 2.0


I made a few modifications inspired by a cute slouchy hat I found at Old Navy the other day. It was chunky with a soft brim. I think it was crocheted, but I had to figure out how to make a knit version.

Modifications:
  • Knitted double stranded for chunky Foliage version.
  • Added brim. After looking at knitted hat patterns with a brim I settled on using knitty.com's Topi brim.
  • Repeated leaf pattern 2.5 times (instead of 2 for chunky version) to make a bit slouchy.


I'd like it to be a bit slouchier and maybe blocking it will do the trick. The brim is a bit thick and should have knit it single stranded. It's not exactly how I wanted it to turn out but close enough. As much as I love Malabrigo, this colorway isn't the best for the lace pattern.


I suppose I have no excuse now to not work on gift knitting. Back to working the socks. Maybe after I make more fingerless mitts with the extra Malabrigo left over.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Nicely done, Jean!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.