Thursday, January 17, 2008

The knitting plan in 2008

This is the beginning of my third year of knitting. I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished so far (such as learning how to knit continental and knitting socks) but I have so much more to learn and many more things to knit. I decided to make a very short underwhelming list of what I'd like to do this year:
  1. Knit a Fair Isle pattern...something small, like mittens.
  2. Learn how to knit a pair of socks on a circular needle. I have no problem with dpns but the less needles to use the better.
  3. Learn how to knit using magic loop methods...which is probably similar to #2.
  4. Learn better finishing methods for knitted garments.
  5. Figure out how to read Japanese knitting patterns.

Told ya it was short. I'd like to avoid disappointing myself whenever possible. =) I'm sure I'll get sidetracked somehow but we'll see how it goes.

**edit** I need to add one more thing to my list: LEARN TO CROCHET!

No comments: