Friday, October 22, 2010

So many knits to finish, so little time!

I finished all the pieces for my Napoleon 2 days ago and I can't start seaming them together until I steam block. Everything I've read about seaming says I must steam block or else. I won't take the chance on what that "or else" could turn out like. I've been there. I don't want to go there again. Needless to say I've been putting it off so I've been going through my queue of unfinished projects. Oh boy, do I have a lot of those.

I dug through the stash jumble that I keep in some bins in the closet. I was specifically looking for my Olympic socks. They were nowhere to be found. Where could they be? Then I went to my other closet where I keep all my bags/purses/clothes/shoes. Of course, it was in one of my many bags that I haven't used in awhile...along with that damn ball of green yarn I needed to finish up the Backyard Leaves scarf. I wasted my time going through the trouble of hunting down a ball and buying it. DAMMIT! Now I don't know what to do with that ball. I put it up for sale in Ravelry. Hopefully someone needs it. Or maybe I'll come up with some fabulous project that uses up all my yarn odds and ends. Everytime I look through alllllll my knitting stuff I can't believe how much it accumulates. Then I remind myself for the 20398204892039 time that I can't buy anymore yarn until I use what I have. How many knitters out there say that to themselves?

But back to my Olympic socks. Good news is I finished one. Bad news is that I need to cast on for the second one and I'm hoping that I have good notes from the first sock so that the second one doesn't come out completely different. That Hazel Knits sock yarn is impressively sturdy! I still love the color too. I actually can't wait to get started...but first I need to figure out this steam blocking business.

No comments: