Monday, November 29, 2010

How about some quick Malabrigo lovin'?

At the Verb for Keeping Warm re-opening at their new Oakland location I came across this lovely skein of Malabrigo goodness...

VFKW & Malabrigo Rasta

Kristine created it into an earflap hat to show off at her new space and I immediately had to make one of my own. Because of how chunky the yarn is I knew it would be a quick knit so I could use it on the Thanksgiving Tahoe trip.

photo 1.JPG

I knew the work load at the office would be super slow during Thanksgiving week so I knit it up in a few hours. Knitting helped me keep me awake! I ripped it out when I got home because I felt it was coming out too snug and the length was a bit short for my taste.

Thanksgiving/Lake Tahoe

I knitted 2 extra rows before the 1st decrease row. Then before the next decrese row I added an extra row. I used 3 strands for each cord and braided it. I may (or may not) re-do the cords and make them into i-cords instead.

Earflap Hat

It was perfect for the Tahoe trip! It kept my noggin nice and toasty. =)

No comments: