Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What happened to the Rowan Big Wool?

Remember a few posts back I had a teaser pic of the Rowan Big Wool in purple and beige colors? Well, they both resulted in this scarf pattern:


The pattern is from the LYS which was copied from a scarf a model was wearing in a Coach catalog. Yeah I know...it's not an actual "COACH" scarf pattern but I don't care...it looked damn good on the model. I had to make it.

This purple one was made specifically for my BBFF aka Muthafuka. I knew this is one of her fave colors. I can show it now since she confirmed this morning that she got it in the mail. It came out so warm and fluffy and was such a quick knit that once I finish with some other projects I'm going to head over to the LYS and purchase some more of this yarn and make one for myself before it starts getting warm again.

The beige one went to my other friend Stella. I made hers a little less narrow so that the scarf would come out longer. Unfortunately I totally forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her. I had to get it to her before she left for her trip. That girl is always freezing so I knew she'd need it. Right now Stella is somewhere in the middle of Europe wearing her fabulous scarf. I wish I was that scarf. :/ When she gets back I'll ask her to send me a pic of her wearing it.

I've totally dropped the ball on taking pictures of my projects. I was distracted by the Christmas rush. Ahem...I'll be waiting for your pic Muthafuka!

No comments: