Friday, July 27, 2007

Is gauge really THAT important?

I'm dragging my feet starting my next project...this capelet:Yes, a capelet. Not a poncho. You tell me otherwise or I'll...I'll cry? I refused to buy, wear, or knit myself a poncho when they were the "in" thing a year or two ago. Why? I don't know...it got to be too trendy that I started to not like them.

But anyway...I'm using beautiful yarn, Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in Mineshaft.
It has been in my stash since I bought it at Stitches West earlier in the year. It was intended for a 2nd Clapotis but decided I'll never knit another one again. My problem is that it's a slightly different weight than what the pattern calls for. I'm not getting the correct gauge or anywhere close to it. BAH! It's so frustrating. So here I go...off to make my 3rd swatch.

No comments: