Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Couldn't Wait

This is the first few rows of my Juliet cardigan. I had to start it last night. I now have 3 WIPs on the needles. I'm usually not this bad. I like to finish a project before I start another. I'm still working on the Filigree scarf and I need to partially rip out the Red Sox Sock and figure out what went wrong at the heel. I got bored with the scarf. I haven't made a scarf since the beginning of the year. I did get the hang of the lace pattern after repeating it tons of times. It's very pretty but it was killing me. It's one of those projects I can keep in my purse and pull it out to work on every once in awhile when I have nothing else to do.

I waited a week before I casted on Juliet. That's as long as I could handle. I received the pattern for my birthday from Bubba's aunt last weekend. I squealed inside so as not to let his other family members feel bad since I didn't want to be overly excited about showing how much I LOOOOVED the knitting stuff she gave me (not that I didn't like what others gave me because I did and I'm very appreciative...but ya know..it's knitting stuff!!). =)

I REALLY want to love this cardigan when I'm done. I'm way too excited about making it and I don't want to be disappointed. The only thing that concerns me is the size I chose. I've done 2 other Zephyr Style top patterns and I've always had to go down a size or two. I did the same with Juliet and *crossing my fingers* I hope it comes out fine. Fortunately I'll be able to try this on as I knit it. This will be an incredibly fast knit since it's a chunky yarn pattern. If I like it I may have time to make a second in a different yarn and color.

No comments: