Thursday, December 20, 2007

No more gift knitting till next year

The Red Sox Socks I'm giving to my friend are finito.I'm over my sock anxiety. This is a good thing since I have some sock stash yarn waiting for me. But that will have to wait. I'm off and running on the Tilted Duster from IK's Fall 07 issue. I'm using Berroco Peruvia in Sea Turtle. I swatched it up last night and got the correct gauge on the first try on Size 10 needles.
I casted on this morning and mid-way through finishing the upper back. A pretty quick knit so far and it's looking good.
If I didn't knit up my last cardigan in gray I probably would've chosen a gray shade for this one. I love green, but not sure about this green. There's a bit of gold in it that I didn't catch before and not sure if this will suit me. On the other hand, how can I go wrong with Oakland Athletics colors?

2 comments:

Kasia said...

I think that green will look good on this pattern. For some strange reason the colour you chose remind me of Ireland, and one can't go wrong with Irish colour ;)

jeaniebeanie said...

The green will definitely look good in this pattern but my dilemma is will it look good on me? LOL Oh well, it's too late now. I'm already done with the upper fronts and back parts. You're right, it is very Irish green. They should've called it Evergreen instead of Sea Turtle.