Friday, February 15, 2008

Silk + Merino = Luscious

I finally found Malabrigo Silky Merino at Imagiknit earlier this week. YAY! This stuff is dreamy soft. They had just got in 3 colors, 4 skeins each. I took all the Nocturnal. I just LOVE purple. I had decided that if I ever found a good deal on Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb or found something similar to it I would make another Clapotis. I hate the first one I made using Noro Silk Garden. It's pretty but so scratchy on my skin. I've barely used it. Silky merino is very similar to Lion and Lamb but a smidge lighter in weight.

I couldn't wait so I casted on Clapotis. It's beautiful :) I'm probably going to buy every color of Silky Merino I can find at Stitches West!

I should be fixing (or frogging) TD but I don't wanna. Not ready yet.
Last week I went to Daiso (Japanese dollar store) in Union City. Lookie what I got:
- stitch holders
- bamboo crochet needles
- buttons
- foamy mats to use for blocking
All $1.50 for each item. Daiso is awesome.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

That is some purty yarn!!! And Daiso rules!

Suzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeaniebeanie said...

I wish I lived closer to a Daiso. Everyone needs to try out silky merino. It's the BEST.