Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Compulsive Yarn Shopping

I had no intention of buying yarn when I walked into my LYS today. I ONLY wanted a couple of size 1 needles. I want to teach myself to knit a pair of socks at the same time on 2 needles and I needed this size to get gauge for my Shibui sock yarn. I did get the needles, then I got sucked in. All the pretty skeins were calling for me.

If you wandered into a yarn shop and saw this yarn, you'd buy it too. It's Dream in Color Baby lace weight yarn. Happy Forest is the colorway and happy it is. It's so bright and cheery I couldn't help not putting it back on the shelf. I thought, "I'll just buy one skein."

I headed to the register to pay and then the swirl shawl I had a pattern of at home caught my eye. This lace yarn would be soooo pretty in this pattern. I asked the shop employee if the yarn I'm purchasing would work for this pattern. YES. How much yardage do I need? You'll need 2 skeins. Oh crap. Back to the shelf I went. I bought 2 skeins. There's another color called "Blue Lagoon" that is gorgeous. I had to hold back from buying it until I can come up with a project I'll use it for.

I need a little happy today. All this yardage is worth every penny.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Dream in Color is my FAVORITE yarn! You'll love knitting with it!

jeaniebeanie said...

I love it already. I started on the shawl last night and OMG...this color green is so vibrant!