Monday, May 19, 2008

Sweet Bunny

This is by far my most favorite amigurumi I've crocheted to date. Crocheting it was easy. Sewing the appendages was not. I moved and re-sewed his legs 3 times before I was satisfied with the way he looked!

He's made out of cotton/acrylic yarn. Cotton isn't my favorite to work with. It looks great but so rough on my hands. He has a cushy scarf made out of extra merino wool I had from my left over stash. I would've finished yesterday had it not been for the crappy neighborhood Michael's. They had a million googly eyes with adhesive backing. Not one pair of safety eyes was found. I went to Jo-ann's at lunch today and found safety eyes in many different sizes.

I need to take a break from amigurumi before my house is covered in them.

Bubba loved his Invincibility Star that I made for him. I'm renaming the little guy "Biscuit" though. The dog thought it was a Scooby snack. Biscuit is OK. Just a little drooled on.

1 comment:

Erin said...

CUTE! Maybe you should make Abby a star too!