Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Using Up Stash

Bubba keeps asking me why I keep unraveling stuff I've knit in the past because he's been helping me through hours of untangling the mess. My answer is why not? If a finished project is sitting there unused for years because I hated the results then the yarn is going to be re-purposed. I bought the stuff so I'm going to use it for something good.
Which leads me to my stash. I have a giant basket full which includes 2 sweater's worth of yarn and approximately 20 skeins of other miscellaneous yarns for future knits and amigurumi projects that I plan to do someday. Then there's the yarn I shouldn't have purchased. Like the 5 balls of Classic Elite Bazic Wool...3 different pastel-ish colors to make a vertical knit scarf for myself. Eh. Pastel. What was I thinking?
I'm seeing a bunch of my family this weekend in Tahoe and decided that I wanted to make something for my little niece and nephew (my God son). Two balls of the pink bazic wool is the perfect amount to use for the Kittyville hat from Stitch n' Bitch. I had to modify it a bit to fit a 2.5 yr old girl.
Here it is in progress:

Here it is finished (sans ear flaps and i-cord ties):

I'll come up with completed hat pics later. I stole an idea from a fellow Raveler and attached little crocheted flowers at the end of the i-cord instead pom poms.

For my 1.5 yr old nephew I'll be making a Bunny/Cat Stuffie (pattern by Ysolda Teague) out of some Lion Brand Thick N' Quick, an early knitting purchase. It's quite a thicker gauge yarn than called for. Stuffie might end up being as big as my nephew. I have yet to start it and don't even know if I'll have time to work on it before the weekend. I have so many other things I need to do before the trip. Ugh.

No comments: