Sunday, August 31, 2008

New Fiber Arts Shop in SF

I was able to check out Urban Fauna Studio's grand opening in San Francisco. I didn't think I'd get a chance to but since Bubba and I couldn't get hold of his family to figure out where to meet them at a street fair, I decided to take a detour to the new shop while we waited for them to get hold of us.

We finally got there right before 3pm after fighting holiday traffic, Cal Bears football game attendees, and 19th Ave. traffic and looking for parking near the shop. We were greeted by the owner's husband, Blas, and told us that an hour before there was a line out the door to get into their tiny but really cute shop. I was glad we got there when we did because I was in no mood to stand in a line after going through what I did to get there.

The front part of the store has a bunch of different artsy and crafty stuff and the very back has most of their yarn. They sell yarn dye and jewelry too. I snapped some pics of the back area:



I knew they were at the Renegade Craft Fair and even grabbed one of their business cards then but could not remember which vendor they were...UNTIL I saw their handmade dyed yarns. I remember wanting to buy some of their yarn at the fair but I had already spent too much. I had to put down the yarn and made myself walk away. This time I was able to purchase a couple skeins in 2 different colors. I also scored a free goodie bag with my purchase.
No more yarn buying until I use up most of what I have already. Maybe.

No comments: