Saturday, September 13, 2008

Overwhelmed

Stressed, overwhelmed, frantic, worried...ugh. That was my week in a nutshell. I treated myself with some retail yarn therapy. I needed it badly. Needless to say, I went overboard. I should know not to shop when I'm in need of comfort. I had heard that a store had a bunch of premium yarn on sale for 50% off retail. As soon as I was able to break away from work one day I went on a yarn hunt. I hit a goldmine full of good stuff...angora, cashmere/silk blends, and merino wool/cashmere blends. I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. I think I almost did. 

I got home and looked at my bags of purchases, I thought..."What have I done?!" I got over it because I love all of what I bought. I normally dump my bags with the rest of the other stash I have stored in a giant basket. This time I set out everything in front of me to see the stash I have. I felt a sudden need to organize and focus on something else besides work and get my mind off things that happened the past few days. I took photos of all my yarn stash and uploaded it on Ravelry. I have way too much yarn. Talk about overhwelming. Yikes. I also need to find a better way to store the yarn...must keep yarn away from cat that likes to sleep in the yarn basket.  

I have to start knitting my ass off and get my yarn under control. So glad the weather has been cooling down and it makes me want to knit lots of sweaters and cool weather accessories. 

No comments: