Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Annual Yarn Bender: Stitches West 2011 Haul

Friday's damage:
5 skeins Blue Moon Fibers Woobu in Deep Unrelenting Gray
2 skeins Miss Babs Tierno in A Day in Mansfield Park
2 Coco Knits patterns - Leisl and Ruby (which are practically the same but one has pockets)
2 skeins Valley Yarns Superwash merino in #200 Gray - to add to what I already have for the Solstice cardigan
1 ring from Hartstring Jewelry that I could not resist.

Saturday's Damage:
3 skeins Miss Babs Yowza-Whatta Skein! in Blackwatch
2 skeins Sanguine Gryphon Codex in The Secret Garden + Soap bar called Tangerine Dream
13 skeins Berroco Origami in Cucumber Water
1 skein Sunshine Yarns Luxury Sport in Cliffdiving
3 Lo-Lo Bars (1 travel tin, 2 regular tin)

I went way over budget. This is the most I've ever spent at Stitches West EVER. I went in only wanting to blow most of my budget on Woobu for the Traveling Sweater. ..then I lost focus. This is what happens when you go two days in a row. The ring, Lo-Lo bars, Miss Babs Tierno, and the skein of Sunshine Yarns were definitely impulse buys. Yikes.

From this point on I CANNOT buy anymore yarn till I finish:

Saroyan
Traveling Cardigan
Leisl
Tea Leaves Cardigan

I can do it! This is when I wish I was a size 2. I'd be able to squeeze in so many more tops/sweaters. Sadly, knitting up my size takes more time and yarn.

Somewhere in there I'll squeeze in a shawl for my mom's birthday gift in April. I'm thinking of making Traveling Woman by Liz Abinante. I missed her at Miss Babs booth on Saturday. However, the only knit rockstar I spotted were Cookie A at the Habu booth on Friday. If I was a fanatical sock knitter I would've been more excited. It was cool to see her in person though. As I was leaving Saturday (or was it Friday?) Jess and Casey of Ravelry fame were in the lobby of Stitches West walking into the Market Place.

No comments: