Saturday, January 24, 2015

2014 Knitting Stats


I found my used yardage stats on Ravelry.  10,547 yards used (this doesn't show the 400 yds used on a Leftie scarf in Feb). Not bad for not having enough time to knit this year. Que Sera, Sera blanket used up a ton of stash I didn't care for and extra scraps I had around. When it was drying she made a comment that it looked warm. I took that she had some interest in having it so I gave it to her. I completely forgot to update that the Hopsalots slippers that used 272 yards is finished, bringing up the count to 10,819 yards! Close to 11k off my shoulders. I won't bum myself out by thinking of all the yarn that I added to the stash this past year. 

Stitches West is less than a month away. I vaguely recall buying more no more than 3 projects worth of yarn last year: Quince & Co. Owl yarn for San Pablo Cowl (finished in Nov.),  Miss Babs Kilamanjaro for a better Viajante (currently on needles) and Plucky Knitter yarn for the Herrington Cowl (still stashed away but intend to use soon). The yarn for the latter project was not cheap. I had to stew on it that Friday to make sure it wasn't a hasty decision. I went back on Saturday to purchase. I have a few weeks to come up with a plan and a set budget. I know...I crack myself up too! Me and my delusions... 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Budget?? Good luck with that. ;)

jeaniebeanie said...

HA! Right? I'm going to blow my next paycheck on all the yarn goodies!