Sunday, April 22, 2007

Calorimetry...better than a beanie!

I whipped up this Knitty headscarf in a few hours while watching the A's/Rangers game and part of the Red Sox/Yankees game (4 consecutive home runs by Boston!! I'd be embarrassed to be a Yankee!). I like this more than the beanie because you can wear your hair up:

More info:

Yarn - Noro Silk Garden colorway? (same as my clapotis...see archives. too lazy to look.)
Needles - Size 7 circular addis
Pattern adjustments:
- Cast on 100 stitches
- 14 Row 5 repeats (instead of 15)
- Repeated Row 7 until 2 stitches left on both sides of the headscarf

I had to re-knit it once because there were holes resulting from I don't know what. After I frogged it I re-read the instructions and DUH...the holes are supposed to be there. UGH. Using a smaller needles size than called for made the holes smaller.

Here it is off my head...

Buttoned...
Pony tail side...
Closer look up top...
What is this now? Instant gratification project #3? I really love cute small projects. I like the fact that my stash of yarn is getting smaller too. Unfortunately I didn't finish the entire skein of Noro...even worse, it's not enough to make a second Calorimetry. =(

No comments: