Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Giddy for Snail Mail

Letters? In my knitting blog? Sure, why not. Besides, I'm not working on my next project until my new interchangeable circular needle set comes in. =)

Domesticat is a wonderful knitting blog and her knits are amazing. She organized a letter swap, which she calls a Knitterly Letter Swap (KLS). I thought the idea was kind of cool and I joined in. I haven't written or received a handwritten letter in a long time. A friend of mine moved to Chicago in 7th grade and we wrote each other letters until our first years of college. Email became common and that ended the letter writing.

Domesticat assigned each of us a pen pal. In the end I should be receiving two letters - the letter reply back from the person I was assigned to and the person who was assigned my address . I was sent an address from New York, NY. I wrote my letter as soon as I got it and sent it out the next day. Hopefully she was able to read my chicken scratch writing. I haven't gotten a reply back yet.

Last week I received a letter in the mail from the other pen pal. I was so excited because the letter was a small manila envelope with a return address from South Carolina. I opened it up and here's what I found:
It put the letter that I wrote to shame. By the way...Hello Kay! You'll be getting a letter from me soon. =)

No comments: