Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Start of Simply Squared



Simply Squared start, originally uploaded by Filipina Sakura.

Last year I found a pretty nice stash of discontinued Elsebeth Lavold Angora at my local Tuesday Morning. I could only find about 10 skeins of this brown color called "Earthy". For my body type, this is not a lot of yardage in each compared to a Cascade 220 or a Malabrigo Worsted to make a sweater. BUT it can make a vest! An issue or two ago of Interweave Knits came across an ad for a vest called Simply Squared and thought it was perfect for the yarn. It's more of a cardigan, but it is vest-ish since it's sleeveless and great for layering. I started it over a week ago hoping that I can get some use out of it before it gets warmer.

I'm close to halfway finished but worried that I won't have enough yarn. Like I mentioned, it is a discontinued yarn. If I run out then I will have to rip it out and jab the needles in my heart. I'll cross my fingers that it won't come to that.

No comments: