Thursday, April 02, 2009

Pucker Up!

I'm 95% done with the Simply Squared vest. All that's left is joining the shoulder and adding the buttons. I wet blocked it last Thursday night and left for the weekend. By Sunday night it was still damp. I should have it completely done by this weekend. I'll get a chance to wear it before it warms up, granted it fits well. I have 2 concerns though. The first are the arm holes. They seem big. I even measured it up to a favorite vest I've been wearing all winter and the arms holes seem the right size but I won't know until I try it on completed. Second concern is that angora might make me look like a muppet. It's a brown vest so maybe Snuffalapagus from Sesame Street even. *sigh*
Vests aren't too taxing on me so I wasted no time getting Norah Gaughan's Pucker on the needles with Berocco's Seduce. I started it on the long ass drive to Tahoe last Friday. I've never knitted with a yarn like this before....it's slippery and linen-ish. It's a little like knitting with rope. Regardless, this is going to be a great warm weather top. It's very cool to the touch and the drape is very slinky. I'm still not sold on the color though. Maybe once I get a nice tan the yellow won't look too bad against my skin.

No comments: