Friday, February 16, 2007

More Blocking

The weather has been so awesome that I decided to wear shorts today (*gasp* first time since end of summer!) and hang out in my backyard with my laptop. My boss hasn't been sending me any work so I figured I'd make good use of my time and block Clapotis. It's really an excuse to be outside and get some sun. Since I finished it a month ago it's been sitting under a pile of magazines so I wouldn't have to look at it. I dug it out and here it is now enjoying the sun too...


Here's the finished product:


I've decided I'm not a shawl wearing chick. I can use this as a scarf but I am an increase short and it doesn't look right to me. I tried to stretch it as much as I could when blocked it. When I find the red shade of silk garden that I originally wanted, I will make the mini-clapotis version.


I'm done with scarves for now until I am done making the Wicked top that I love so. My first 3 attempts to get it on my needles was a complete mess. I took it as a sign to not skip making a gauge swatch. I'm a gauge swatch virgin. =P Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bow down to you.