Sunday, February 25, 2007

Wicked Progress and Stitches West

I took this picture of my Wicked sweater 2 days ago. I've knitted a bit more since then, maybe 15 rows away from forming the sleeves. I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll have that done. It's a bit monotonous knitting in the round repeatedly right now so that's why I'm excited about the sleeves. I can't help but be excited, it's my first sweater. I still wasn't sure about my gauge and I didn't want to invest more time in such a big project if I'm using the wrong needles size so I went to the yarn shop to ask for help. The lady who looked at my swatches confirmed I had the right size. YAY! You have no idea how relieved I was. I would be in a shit mood right now if I had to start over. I'm still anxious about how it's going to fit though.

Erin and I attended Stitches West, a huge knitting expo. I think my eyes popped out of my head the moment I saw all the yarn. I was like a kid in a candy store! My grocery list didn't have any yarn though. I wanted other things: knitting bag, metal interchangeable needle kit, and ball winder. I found them but not exacatly what I wanted it. What's funny is that I did end up buying some yarn. I can never pass up a good deal. Imagiknit, my favorite yarn store located in San Francisco (parking is a bitch!) participated at the expo and I'm so glad they did. Everything was 10% off and they carried Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in the colors I like. I bought 2 skeins of the Mineshaft colorway. I think I'm going to make a mini-version of Clapotis out of it. We'll see. I'm sorta over Clapotis but the Lion and Lamb is what I really wanted to make out of it. It's sooo freakin' soft and would feel so nice wrapped around my neck. Considering it'll be a small version it wouldn't take too long to make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Its beautiful!! I haven't knitted in like a month. I have NO time, and it slowly killing me inside. I am so envious. I can't wait to see it when its finished!!!!