Monday, February 05, 2007

Much bettah!

I finally got the pattern down and understand what's going on...on my 3rd try! I royally screwed it up on my second try. The holes in the pattern weren't lining up. So I frogged it all again. On my 3rd try I found the holes not lining up again right about where the light green started. I frogged it back to where I could salvage it. I was going to cry if I had to re-do the entire thing again. I fudged the pattern enough to make it look nice enough. Whatever I did, it worked. I've probably jinxed myself posting this.



I ordered my yarn and needles over the weekend to make this:



I am extremely nervous about this project. I have to actually swatch the yarn and find my gauge so I won't waste time on knitting this all wrong. I chose a pretty green color and I'm going to make this with short sleeves so I can wear this in the winter or spring. I won't be done with this till spring time anyway.

Afternoon Update:

I jinxed myself. What did I effing tell you?! I brought it to work so I can work on my scarf during my breaks/lunch. I was happily knitting along at lunch. I count my stitches and *gasp!* I somehow lost 8 stitches. I realized my mistake and the only way to fix it is to undo 4 rows of stupidness and pure idiocy. This pattern is working my nerves. I swear. I want this stupid thing done and over with already. No more posting of Argosy until I'm done. UGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jean.....this is turning otu to be really pretty! I love the colors. Glad it is finally working for.